LITTLE INDIA WALKING TOUR
Why did the South Asian Indians journey into tiny Singapore?
The name that is synonymous to Singapore’s third largest ethnic group is home to an incredible culture that stood the test of time as singapore developes into an ultra modern city.Singapore City Explorers will take you by the hand and bring you into the inner sanctum of the indian culture and heritage. Come, Join Our Little India Walking Tour and Explore one of Singapore’s richest cultures.
LITTLE INDIA WALKING TOUR HIGHLIGHT
- Step into the world of Hinduism and experience the sights and sounds as we learn about the intricacies and colorful customs of this ancient religion.
- Immerse into the rustic street culture and market places to discover traditional trades, food vendors and colorful fashion that are still prevalent today.
- Savor delectable Indian cuisine that will intrigue and delight your taste buds.
- Experience the unique culture of little India and the role it plays in modern cosmopolitan Singapore.
- Let our local expert guide you into the inner sanctum of this unique race and explain the facts and fallacies behind them.
Duration: 3 hours
- Starting time: 10 AM / 1 PM
- S$95/pax ( Min 2pax )
Book Now Online
In our Little India Walking Tour. You will experience the sight and sound of the hindu temple. Witness first hand how the flower garland are made. Learn about the intricacies and colorful customs of the hindu religion and a lot more. Enter into the inner sanctum of the hindu religion with a visit to the sri veerama kaliaman temple along serangoon road also know as little india to the locals. See and smell and colours and aroma from the flower offerings from the devotee. Have all your burning curiosity answer by our local expert who will take you by the hand and walk you through the ritual and practices of this ancient religion. Join Our Little India walking Tour today and experience the best of our local culture.
There is a common saying that to learn about a culture you need to savor its food. How true can that be. In our Little India Walking walking tour, you will be treated to some of the most delectable Indian cuisines that will surely bring delight to your taste buds. Savour authentic Southern or northern indian delicacies such as roti prata, dosai, idli, masala etc. Experience the variety of spices that goes into the food and how it is prepared. Enjoy a cup of indian teh tarik. also know as pull tea which descripts how it is being prepared. All these and more as you enter the gastronomical world of the indians in singapore. Join our Little india walking tour today.
Our Little India walking Tour is design to give you the most unique experience of Singapore’s third largest ethnic group. The Indians. Immerse into the rustic street culture, market places and discover traditional trades, food vendors and colourful fashion that are still prevalent today. Unrevel the meaning behind every street names that are somehow related to the secred cow. Meander aaround narrow and busy streets where spices and flower and sold. If you are luck you may even spot a fortune teller with his parrot picking up tarot card to tell fortune. All these and more happening in cosmopolitan singapore where culutral practices still prevails in the heartlands. Our local expert in this Little India Walking Tour will take you by the hand to show the most authentic indian culture in this little island call Singapore.
Little India walking Tour is a unique experience offering you an authentic peek into the indian culture in Singapore. The name that is synonymous to Singapore’s third largest ethnic group is home to an incredible culture that stood the test of time as singapore developes into an ultra modern city. People who visits singapore often may already know Little India to have one of the most robust identity. But what sets it apart? Why did the South Asian Indians journey into tiny Singapore? Why do they have such uncommon customs and worship so many Gods? Why do they have such extensive foods like Thosai, Vadai and Roti Prata ? If your curiosity for this incredible race demands a quick answer. Your are in the right time at the right place. Cause your local experts will take you by the hand and bring you into the inner sanctum of the indian culture and heritage.Join our multi-sensory walking tour to explore this ethnic quater and be captivated by the cultures that goes beyond bollywood and naan bread! In this Little India Walking Tour, you will experience the sight and sound of the hindu temple and learn about the intricacies and colorful customs of the hindu religion. Walk the streets with interesting names such as buffolo street and learn how they come into being. Withness first hand how the flower garland are made and what is the significant of the difference type of flowers used. There is a common saying that to learn about a culture you need to savor its food. Food is definitely an integral part of this socialty. Here you will be treated to some of the most delectable Indian cusines that will surely bring delight to your taste buds. Immerse into the rustic street culture, market places and discover traditional trades, food vendors and colourful fashion that are still prevalent today. All these and more packed into a 3.5 hours experiential tour which guarantees to satisfy all your curiosity. Think of this as a crash course to one of singapore’s most interesting race and be marveled by what you will learn within a short span of time. Join our Little India walking tour today!
- Inclusions: Local English speaking guide, food as referenced in itinerary, and non-alcoholic drinks. Please note that the food are for general consumption on a sharing basis. We may not be able to accommodate some guests with special dietary concerns.
- Exclusions: Alcoholic beverages, additional food, items of a personal nature, tips / gratuities for your guide.
BOOKING A TOUR
Bookings are done online only ( No walk-ins )
All major credit card accepted
Make bookings 48hours before the tour date
Group size 12 pax ( Max )
You will receive an acknowledgment email upon booking
You will receive a confirmation voucher once payment is successfully processed
Your Tour is only confirm upon receiving of confirmation voucher
Please contact us if you have not received any of the above after 24hours
- This is a walking tour and guests will be exposed to elements such as sun and rain. Therefore, casual clothes and good walking shoes are appropriate. Please note that it can be extremely hot in Singapore, so please dress accordingly; however, note that tops with longer sleeves are preferred due to local customs. We also suggest you bring a hat, water bottle, pack of tissues, and some money for personal purchases.
- Farrer Park MRT station (North East line/ Purple Line) (inside the station), near by to Passenger Service office. Exit A
- Indian Heritage Centre (closest MRT is Rochor MRT station, Downtown line/Blue line)
Rene was a fantastic tour guide 🙂 very good tour!
Singapore April 30 2016
Rene was great and really immersed us into Singaporean food culture, along with history about Singapore itself. Fab day, couldn’t stop smiling the whole time
Singapore, April 10 2016
Best thing we did in Singapore.
Singapore, March 27 2016
We thought the tour was excellent and exceeded our expectations. The guide was knowledgeable and interesting. The food was tremendous and we went back to some stall on our own. Please note that the date in the traveler feedback header is incorrect. Our tour is Jan 7, 2016.
Excellent tour – Rene was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Learn a lot more about Singapore and tried a variety of new foods. Would highly recommend the tour.
Singapore, Jan 27 2016